Literature Tales 1 (Greek Mythology) | TRACK 2
Famed author Nathaniel Hawthorne crafted an historical retelling of 6 famous Greek Myths, written for a young audience. All questionable material has been omitted by Hawthorne, who wished to intruduce his readers to these great literary fables through the narrative of a charasmatic and endearing group of children in the mythical land of Tanglewood.
Hawthorne's enticing tales are not to be missed and will become an enduring favorite!
Schedule of Tales
Term 1 (releases August 31, 2020)
The Gorgon's Head
The Golden Touch
Term 2 (course released on or before November 29, 2020)
The Paradise of Children
The Three Golden Apples
Term 3 (course released on or before March 14, 2021)
The Miraculous Pitcher
Our video content will feature a professional presentation of one of the most famous and beautiful retellings of Greek myths for children - A Wonderbook for Boys and Girls by Nathaniel Hawthorne. Videos will last approximately 15 minutes, in accordance with Miss Mason’s recommended lesson lengths for Form 1 students, taking into consideration time needed for the student’s narrations at the conclusion of the lesson. Students will submit a narration to their teacher after each lesson.
Recommended for Form 1A and older (2nd grade and above) students, this course can be used as a literature study, it builds independent learning and requires accountability to a trained Charlotte Mason Educator.
Track 2 includes
- Video content with professional presentation of the material. Lessons are planned and paced appropriately so that content aligns with Charlotte Mason’s recommendations for lesson length per day and per term.
- Course syllabus with narration prompts.
- Weekly interaction with a Charlotte Mason trained teacher for oral or written narration submission and feedback.
- Exam and exam assessment from the teacher at the conclusion of the term (week 12).
- Track 2 is interactive with the teacher and students have greater accountability for their narrations and timely submission.
- Classes are NOT offered at a set time each week. As a family, you determine what day/time your child accesses the course content.
- All narrations due to their teacher no later than Friday at 12pm EST of each week.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS COURSE
DOES NOT RELEASE UNTIL AUGUST 31, 2020.
RESOURCES AND INFORMATION
WILL BE SENT TO YOU ON AUGUST 1, 2020.
Literature Tales 1 (Greek Mythology) | Track 2
Tales from Shakespeare
by Charles and Mary Lamb