SHAKESPEARE | TERM 1 | TRACK 3
A Midsummer Night's Dream
Journey with us as we explore the Bard's epic tales and students are introduced to both a brief retelling, as well as the full play each term. Charlotte Mason trained educators guide your students through a new Shakespeare play teach term, using a mixture of live, in-class discussions and readings of the plays, as well as assigned reading/listening.
Our Track 3 classes are moderated and taught by a Charlotte Mason trained educator who will lead your student thorugh the reading of each play. Each 12 week term contains both live classes (schedules listed below) and assigned reading/listening. The term culminates in an exam that is moderated and assessed by your teacher.
Live classes will last approximately 20-25 minutes, in accordance with Miss Mason’s recommended lesson lengths for Shakespeare classes, taking into consideration time needed for the student’s written narrations at the conclusion of the lesson. Students submit a written narration to their teacher after each lesson.
TRACK 3 INCLUDES
- 7 live classes (via Zoom), 4 independent assignments and end of term exam.
- Lessons are planned and paced appropriately so that content aligns with Charlotte Mason’s recommendations for lesson length per day and per term.
- Direct, weekly interaction with a Charlotte Mason trained teacher for classroom interaction and feedback, as well as weekly narration submissions and feedback.
- Exam and exam assessment from the teacher at the conclusion of the term (week 12)
- Track 3 is much more interactive with the teacher and students have greater accountability for their narrations and timely submission.
- No direct parental involvement required, as the teacher will moderate all narrations and exams.
- All narrations due no later than Friday at 12pm EST of each week.
Please see the drop down for list of term 1 class times by Form to register.
Class minimum 4/maximum 10
Week 1: Interactive Class
Week 2: Interactive Class
Week 3: Assigned Independent Reading (no class meeting)
Week 4:Interactive Class
Week 5: Assigned Independent Reading (no class meeting)
Week 6:Interactive Class
Week 7:Assigned Independent Reading (no class meeting)
Week 8: Interactive Class
Week 9: Assigned Independent Reading (no class meeting)
Week 10: Interactive Class
Week 11: Interactive Class
Week 12: Exam
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS COURSE BEGINS THE WEEK OF AUGUST 31, 2020 AND CONCLUDES THE WEEK OF NOVEMBER 16, 2020.
RESOURCES AND INFORMATION
WILL BE SENT TO YOU NO LATER THAN AUGUST 1, 2020.
Shakespeare | TERM 1 | Track 3
A Midsummer Night's Dream
by William Shakespeare